October

CYNGOR CYMUNED LLAN LLYR/LLANYRE COMMUNITY COUNCIL

A meeting of Cyngor Cymuned Llan Llyr/Llanyre Community Council was held at Llanyre Church Hall on Tuesday, 25th October, 2016.

Present:- Councillor S. Powell (Chairman);

Councillors M. Davies, Mrs. P. Deakin, Mrs. T. Field, G. Lewis, H. Lewis,
G. Rees, L. Smith and M. Watkins.

In attendance:- County Council W. J. Evans

58/16 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence were received from Mr. S. Meredith.

59/16 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were none.

60/16 MINUTES

The Chairman was authorised to sign as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 20th September, 2016 (Copy enclosed)

61/16 MATTERS ARISING

(a) Public Toilets, Llanyre (Ref. Min. 49/16(a))

Electricity – 42550 Water – 595
The Clerk reported that she had contacted Western Power regarding the alterations required to the power supply. Mr. L. Smith’s details had been given as contact but no contact had been made as yet. The Clerk agreed to follow up.

The cleanliness of the toilets was brought to the Members’ attention. The toilets had been inherited from the County Council a number of years ago and they were not in the best of condition. The Cleaner does an excellent job but was not in a position to undertake a deep clean within the hours he works. It was felt that a deep clean of both facilities should be included in the estimates for next year. The Clerk was requested to contact the Cleaner to provide a quote for a deep clean of the walls and floors every three months.

(b) Public Toilets, Newbridge-on-Wye (Ref. Min. 49/16(b))

The Clerk reported that she had received a complaint, via the website, that the toilets in Newbridge-on-Wye were dirty and there was no water in the tap. The Clerk confirmed that she had replied to explain that the toilets were cleaned daily and there was water in the tap, although the tap was very stiff.
?
-22-

(c) Recycling Sites (Ref. Min. 49/16(c))

(i) Llanyre – correspondence was received from PCC confirming that the recycling site would close and notices would be put on the bins in due course. The Clerk informed Members that she had been in contact with PCC regarding the payment by the local public house for the use of the bottle bank and she had been informed that this was not the case. Councillor Evans reported that he had been in discussion with PCC with Officers and was of the opinion that the site had been saved. He would discuss the matter further and report back to the next meeting.

(ii) Newbridge-on-Wye – nothing to report.

(d) Llanyre Recreation Field (Ref. Min. 49/16(d))

The Chairman reported that a local contractor had agreed to cut the grass and rushes at a cost of £50. He had also agreed to cut the hedge.

(e) Newbridge-on-Wye and Llanyre Playing Fields (Ref. Min. 49/16(e))

It was reported that a new gate had been erected by PCC and the new seats and chains on the swings would be erected in due course. Members enquired whether safety checks had been undertaken recently. The Clerk confirmed that the last report received was dated 12th February, 2016. It was agreed that Mr. S. Gealy be contacted for confirmation as a matter of urgency.

It was reported that grass cutting and some hedge trimming works was still being undertaken by PCC contractors and Members enquired whether this meant that the County Council were accepting responsibility. Councillor Evans agreed to follow up.

(f) Noticeboard, Llanfihangel Helygen Church (Ref. Min. 49/16(f))

Agreed to defer to the next meeting.

62/16 PLANNING APPLICATIONS

There were none.

63/16 INVOICES FOR PAYMENT

The monthly balance of income and expenditure was received and approved, as follows:-

Balances in hand as at 24.10.16:-                   Ring Fenced balances – Recycling:-
Current Account £ 9723.57                             Llanyre                  £566.57
Savings Account £ 2198.24                            Newbridge-on-Wye £336.19
                          £11921.81                                                        £902.76

Available Funds:- £11019.05

The monthly invoices were received and passed for payment.

 


-23-

64/16 CORRESPONDENCE

(a) PCC- Review of Day Time Activities for Older People (including Day Centres) – report available at http://www.powys.gov.uk/en/corporate/find-out-about-consultations-in powys/day-time-activities/
The Clerk was requested to complete the response questionnaire on the Council’s behalf.

(b) Western Power

Correspondence regarding the Christmas tree connection was received.

(c) Chris Davies, MP

Correspondence was received outlining his campaign to increase the awareness and importance of the early diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes.

(d) One Voice Wales – Brecon and Radnor Area Committee

Mr. M. Watkins reported on his, and Mrs. Field’s, attendance at the recent meeting.

It was agreed to inform OVW that, as there was poor mobile signal in Newbridge-on-Wye, it was necessary to retain the kiosk.

It was also agreed to host the July meeting of OVW.

(e) Royal British Legion – poppy wreaths

The Clerk reported that she had reserved two wreaths as in previous years. Mrs. T. Field agreed to lay the wreath in Llanyre and Mr. G. Rees agreed to lay the wreath in Newbridge-on-Wye. It was also agreed to enquire about the large poppies for erecting on lamp posts.

(f) PCC – Proposed further focussed changes to LDP – report available at
http://www.powys.gov.uk/LDP

It was noted that areas of upland had been identified for wind farms. However, there would still be planning issues.

(g) CPRW

A notice of current issues was received.

(h) Allotments/Access under Railway Arch

Correspondence was received from a Newbridge-on-Wye Resident expressing his disappointment at the state of the allotments. It was reported that the weeds had now been sprayed by PCC and it was agreed that the Clerk respond to the resident stating that the allotments were the responsibility of the County Council. It was agreed to contact Mr. Gealy with a request that he also respond.

The hazard of large pot holes under the railway arch was also brought to Members’ attention and it was agreed to write to the Dwr Cymru with a request that they receive attention.


-24-

65/16 MODEL CODE OF CONDUCT

On reference from the last meeting, it was agreed to adopt the amended Model Code of Conduct for Members.

66/16 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 15th November, 2016 at Newbridge-on-Wye Community Centre at 7.00 p.m.


There being no other business the Chairman closed the meeting.


The Members discussed the following item in their capacity as Custodial Trustees:-

67/16 NEWBRIDGE-ON-WYE COMMUNITY CENTRE

On reference from the last meeting, discussion took place on a proposal to return the day-to-day management of the Centre to a community management committee. It was felt that, as there were so few bookings, a local management committee would be in a position to organise fund raising events. It was, therefore, agreed to hold a community meeting on 18th January, 2017 at 7.00 p.m. It was also agreed that Mr. G. Rees and Mr. M. Watkins meet to put together a background history to date for delivery to the community. Mr. G. Rees was requested to arrange for the meeting to be advertised in the community newsletter.

 

 

 

 

STEPHEN POWELL (Chairman)

 






Valid CSS!