May

CYNGOR CYMUNED LLAN LLYR/LLANYRE COMMUNITY COUNCIL

A meeting of Cyngor Cymuned Llan Llyr/Llanyre Community Council was held at Llanyre Church Hall on Tuesday, 31st May, 2016.

Present:- Councillor S. Powell (Chairman)

Councillors M. Davies, Mrs. P. Deakin, Mrs. T. Field,
G. Lewis, G. Rees, L. Smith and M. Watkins.

In attendance:- County Councillor W. J. Evans

9/16 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

An apology for absence was received from Mr. S. Meredith.

10/06 MINUTES

The Chairman was authorised to sign as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 19th April, 2016.

11/16 MATTERS ARISING

(a) New A470/Traffic Calming Measures/By-pass (Ref. Min. 118/15(a))

Nothing further to report at this time.

(b) Public Toilets, Llanyre (Ref. Min. 118/15(b))

Electricity – 42477. Mr. L. Smith reported that the heater had now been turned off. The toilet blockage had been cleared. The grass was in need of cutting around the toilet and Open Space. It was agreed to ask Dig It Gardening if he would be prepared to undertake this work in conjunction with the Play Area.

(c) Public Toilets, Newbridge-on-Wye (Ref. Min. 118/15(c))

Electricity – 95512. It was reported that the wooden step was in an unsafe condition. Mr. M. Davies and Mr. G. Rees kindly agreed to undertake the necessary repairs.

(d) Recycling Sites (Ref. Min. 118/15(d))
(i) Llanyre – have been recently emptied and not that much in them at the moment.
(ii) Newbridge-on-Wye – everything fine at the moment.
(e) Llanyre Recreation Field (Ref. Min. 118/15(f))

The Clerk confirmed that she had received a call from One Voice Wales requesting permission to forward the information to the next level as they were not in a position to assist. Permission had been granted but no further response had been received.

With regard to the Open Space, it was reported that the area that had not been repaired previously was now in need of attention. Mr. M. Watkins agreed to speak to GM Joyce who had undertaken the works previously to discuss what was required and to obtain and estimate of cost.

With regard to the grazing it was agreed that the Clerk contact Mr. R. Price to graze the land as the grass was now very long. A donation towards the area would be requested together with a request to cut the rushes. Mr. L. Smith agreed to repair the latch on the gate.

(f) Proposed New Community Facility (Ref. Min. 118/15(g))

It was reported that further information on funding would be available by the next meeting.

(g) Newbridge-on-Wye and Llanyre Playing Fields (Ref. Min. 118/15(h))

Llanyre – a tender in the sum of £30 per cut was received from Dig It Gardening. It was proposed by Mr. G. Lewis and seconded by Mr. M. Davies that the tender be accepted. All in favour.

Newbridge-on-Wye – It was reported that Mr. R. Marshall was prepared to undertake the first cut on the playing field but he was not interested in tendering for the work this season. The Clerk agreed to contact P. Long and Councillor Evans agreed to speak with Cluffs Gardening to enquire whether they would be interested in submitting a tender.

(h) Electronic Planning Applications (Ref. Min. 118/15(i))

A response was received from the Portfolio Holder stating the reasons for the withdrawal of paper copies. The Clerk reported that she had not been able to download copies of the documents and Mr. M. Watkins agreed to speak again with Mr. M. Harvey for advice. Members stressed that it was important to visit the site to view the application and not rely solely on applications.

(j) Llanyre Notice Board (Ref. Min. 108/15(k))

Work completed and the board re-instated.

(k) Speeding in Llanyre (Ref. Min. 111/15(l))

Correspondence was received from Dyfed Powys Police stating that roads policing is based on collision statistics, traffic flow, average traffic speeds and how many risk factors there are in the area. Unfortunately, this places Llanyre village as a lower priority for the police to allocate resources. The Officer concerned had discussed the matter with the Highways Department at Powys County Council and they were aware of the issues. They confirmed that they would be discussing Llanyre at the next Powys Speed Reduction Group meeting and they would ask for some monitoring to be authorised so that a better idea of the traffic flow and times can be obtained to clarify when enforcement would be most effective. It was agreed that the Officer be invited to a meeting when the data is available.

(l) Defibrillator – Llanyre (Ref. Min. 121/15(g))

The Clerk confirmed that she had responded to the request but not further correspondence had been received.

12/16 PLANNING APPLICATIONS

The following planning applications were received and considered:-

P/2016/0524 – Copeland, Cagebrook Lane – construction of extension to a garage. Members visited the site and following discussion it was RESOLVED - that the application be approved provided that the privacy and light from adjoining properties was not compromised. Mrs. T. Field took no part in the site meeting or discussions surrounding this item.

Dwelling at Ty Nant, Cagebrook Lane – it was noted that this application had been discussed at the previous meeting. However, a letter of objection was received from the owner of a neighbouring property. The objector attended the meeting and the Chairman invited the person to outline her case. It was noted that the following matters had been corresponded to the Planning Department:-
- No notification received from the Planning Department
- Site notice posted on opposite side of the road from the site
- The proposed dwelling would be 6’ taller that the affected dwelling and directly overlooking the kitchen and bedroom
- Loss of privacy and light
- Only 15 metres from the back of the adjoining property
- Issues of increased water in to culvert.

The objector felt that the consultation was flawed as the site notice had not been corrected posted. It was agreed to support the objections and forward a further letter.

13/16 INVOICES FOR PAYMENT

The monthly balance of income and expenditure was received and approved.

Balances in hand as at 18.04.15:-      Ring Fenced balances – Recycling:-
Current Account £8772.02                           Llanyre                  £628.57
Savings Account £2197.10                          Newbridge-on-Wye £480.19
                          £10969.12                                                     £1108.76

Available Funds:- £9860.36

The following invoices were received and passed for payment:-

Dig It Gardening – second instalment on contracts £710.00
Phs Group – Newbridge-on-Wye toilets £45.74
Mr. P. Lewis – Newbridge-on-Wye/Llanyre Toilets £73.60
Mrs. L. Brown – salary/expenses £315.81

14/16 CORRESPONDENCE

CPRW – an invitation to renew membership at a cost of £20 was received and approved.

CPRW - the Summer Newsletter was received and distributed to Members for information.

External Audit - notification of the audit to be undertaken on 11th July was received from Grant Thornton.

15/16 NEWBRIDGE-ON-WYE RECYCLING FUNDS

The following applications were received:-

Pentref Baptist Chapel – for the production of a Chapel Newsletter. A donation of £48 was approved.

Newbridge-on-Wye Football Club – to assist with the running costs and expenses. A donation of £48 was approved but further details of how the donation would be used was requested.

Newbridge-on-Wye Angling Club – to maintain subscription levels. A donation of £48 was approved.

16/16 LLANYRE RECYCLING FUNDS

The following application was received:-

Llanyre Church – assistance towards maintenance and grass cutting in the Church yard. A donation of £62 was approved.

17/16 VACANCY IN THE NEWBRIDGE-ON-WYE WARD

Notices advertising the vacancy were posted.

18/16 MEMBERS ITEM

Planning Application – Highcroft, Llanyre (Mr. M. Watkins)

Mr. M. Watkins wished to clarify that, although he had remained in the room during the discussion of this item, he had taken no part in the discussion.

19/16 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday, 21st June, 2016.

20/16 NEWBRIDGE-ON-WYE COMMUNITY CENTRE

Zurich Insurance – invoice for renewal in the sum of £229.95 was received and approved
Amendments to the booking form were received and approved.
Valuation Office Agency – a request for Additional Information was received and it was agreed that the Clerk complete it and return.

 

STEPHEN POWELL (Chairman)






Valid CSS!